Wednesday 21 August 2013

Shwe Lan Excerpt: Dhamma Joti

The Meditator Guidebook to Burma is in its final stages! As the guide gets closer to publication, we will begin to share excerpts of what yogis may expect... some sneak previews of what is to come. We have one large entry on Dhamma Joti, and the following is one quote in this section by a meditator who shares his feeling after sitting a course here:
--

It’s very difficult for me to give a top-ten list of the sites which have a special place in my heart. Dhamma Joti is not a place: I think it is a part of me, now. They welcomed me kindly, even if they were not aware of my registration because of problems with the internet connection... My room was very comfortable: it was in a high spot of the centre, with shower and toilet. The memories of every details of Dhamma Joti: the heat, the mosquitoes, the noodles, the cell, the garden full of unknown plants, the noise of the birds, the full moon...everything is so vivid that when I recall it I feel like being still there. The food was just delicious: noodles for breakfast and some fried bread which makes my mouth watering even now! The servers were so kind to me to give me an extra-mango or a sweet. The teacher did not speak English but his advices were the most effective: just try! It was the first time for me to meditate in a cell: the pagoda was beautiful, the hot inside was quite suffocating but the meditation was very strong.” Italian meditator


Street Entrance to Dhamma Joti Vipassana Center

No comments:

Post a Comment